Thursday, March 22, 2007

In Search for a Non-Silk Tie

In the religion of Islam, men are not permitted to wear clothing items made of silk unless in special circumstances (i.e. one develops a bad rash and is given a medical necessity to wear silk). Working in an enviroment that requires one to be professional in dress and demeanor at all times (i.e. suit and tie), I started looking for non-silk ties. I went to big places that one might expect to find high quality ties for the business/professional minded person. Everywhere I went the ties of quality were all made of silk and the sales reps that helped me look for ties thought I was insane for not wearing a silk tie.

Dismayed and weary from hopping to shopping center to shopping center all around San Diego County, I decided to look online. I have always been a big fan of shopping online especially when looking for hard to find books. I went to a website that actually sold polyester ties. The ties from the picture looked pretty nice and they were priced very cheap. I decided to order a couple for my job and eagerly waited for them to come in the mail.

When I got them in the mail, they didn't turn out the way I expected. They looked very poorly constructed and a matter of fact, after a month and half of wearing my black polyester tie, the filling and stitching of the tie started falling apart! For $5.00 I guess you can't expect anymore. My other polyester ties started becoming undone as the black one I owned. This was becoming a problem and I didn't feel like spending another 30 bucks on ties that only fall apart.

I recently learned about a new company that catered toward my religious requirements and fit the quality standards that lacked in my previous polyester ties. The company is called Jaan J which has high-quality ties at a reasonable price! It was unbelievable that it could feel like a top of the notch tie and not be made of silk. I looked in the back of the tie and it said it was made of microfiber satin. Well whatever its made of, its not silk and it feels like a tie you got from some expensive store.

Another good thing about this new tie company is it also caters toward the vegan and these ties were not made in some sweatshop. Jaan J also has nice cufflinks and lapel pins that are in the shape of the Sandal of the Prophet (salla llahu alayhi wa sallam). For all my Muslim associates and friends who wear ties for their work, I recommend going to Jaan J.

The website is Jaan J. - The Home of Non Silk Vegan Ties

9 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Nice Blog!!! They now have cotton ties at Jaan J. - The Home of Non Silk Cotton Ties

jsteven said...

Re: In Search for a Non-Silk Tie

Nice article on "In Search for a Non-Silk Tie". I too like online shopping. We can get any thing in this process and it will take less time. I like to wear tie it gives good impressive and professional look.
--------------------------------------
Jack Steven
luxury silk ties

texas titan said...

Like you I was sooo happy to find Jaan J.'s non silk ties. They used to be a nightmare to find. I now tell all my friends about them. Jaan J. was a God-send. Jaan J. - Non Silk Ties & Cotton Ties

Unknown said...

www.adeena.co.uk (online shop) sells really good quality slim and normal non silk ties. Check out this site, I'm telling all my friends about it.

texas titan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
texas titan said...

Wow, even Adeena in the UK is now selling Jaan J. ties. I wish Jaan J. and Adeena endless success.

The Spicer said...

My husband and other friends and family have had the same problem with finding non-silk/halal ties that are stylish and high-end /luxury quality. We also made a new discovery!

We have recently come across Sana Hashmat Couture a high end graceful, elegant and modest wear for both men and women. They offer 100% non-silk stylish ties that are of high-end quality. A handful of my friends and I went to the private sale to get the ties asap. I immediately bought the executive membership at reduced price at their private event since I know this will be useful to both my husband and myself especially in the long run. They currently have an extended sale for 35% off on their ties that launched with their most recent signature collection. The price is definitely lower than what I have seen ties usually selling at. There are only few more left so don't wait for them to run out. You can order online too: http://www.sanahashmatcouture.com/#!product/zoom1bpu/379895711. They are creating an exclusive tie collection and will be adding on more styles soon insha'Allah. The good news is that their executive membership is still at a discounted price!! =] Just want everyone to benefit from my new discovery. I'll be shopping at Sana Hashmat Couture a lot more often, insha'Allah. =D